Looking Back at 2016
I can’t believe it’s already New Year’s Eve! I feel like it was just yesterday – okay, not really yesterday, but you know what I mean – that we were all saying we couldn’t believe it was 2016 and now it’s about to be 2017. There are so many things I want to do in 2017 that I can’t even wrap my mind around them nor do I exactly know how to execute any of these things but I’ll get into that tomorrow in my 2017 blog post. Today is all about looking back.
This year had a lot of ups and downs as with most years. There were some really great times like the weddings of two of my closest friends (here and here) and my family vacation to Alaska. Then there were some really sad and difficult times such as the passing of one of my closest friends. Despite it all, I’m thankful to have been here for another year. I’ve had a lot of fun in 2016 on the blog and had some amazing opportunities with brands and collaborators. I started sharing some of these blog posts on Niume and a few of those have been featured posts! I’ve welcomed more readers to the blog and have seen growth on my social media (Twitter, Instagram) and I’m so excited to see what the future will bring.
Last year I picked out my favorite/top 10 blog posts for 2015 and I thought I would do the same again this year. Now, I might look back on this in a few days and think “Oh I should’ve included…” so I’m just prefacing this list by saying that I’m compiling it by just quickly browsing through my posts. So here goes (in no particular order)!
- I loved this Red Plaid & Lace Top. In fact, I might wear it tonight for a low key New Year’s Eve with my friends.
2. We had one big snow storm last winter and I really love all the pictures I shared from that storm.
3. I loved this Olive Green Knit & Shearling Boots look.
4. I also loved this Cable Knit & Blanket Scarf look.
5. I really enjoyed making this delicious Nutella Dessert Pizza.
6. One of my favorite spring/summer looks was this Curved Button Wrap Skirt.
7. One of the best things I did in Alaska was take a helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier.
8. I had a lot of fun with Flash Tattoos this year.
9. My most successful DIY project to date was my Fall Wreath.
10. It was a tough choice what to choose for my last post to highlight but I decided on the apple pie I made with leaf cutouts for Thanksgiving.
There were quite a few other posts I wanted to re-share here but then we could be here forever! So 10 it is.
Okay, I’ll give 1 bonus!
11. One of my favorite summer looks was this Drop Waist Lace Trim Dress that I wore on my birthday.
I think that really wraps up this post! I think these 10 (11) blog posts are a good round-up of this year on the blog. Of course, there was a lot more fashion, food, entertainment, books, movies, travel etc. on the blog so if you find yourself bored one day please do go back and check out some old posts!
I hope you all have a fun, happy, and safe time celebrating the new year tonight!