Monday Blues – Blue Book Covers
It’s been an exhausting weekend with family visiting and now it’s the start of another work week. Definitely feeling a bit of the Monday blues over here, but on the bright side after today there are only 2 Mondays left to the school year.
Recently I heard Eiffel 65’s “Blue” after many years. That gave me the idea to pick out a few of my favorite books that have blue covers for a little Monday Blues – Blue Book Covers post.
My picks are:
- The Selection by Kiera Cass – The Selection is the first in the series by the same name. America Singer is a teenage girl living in a country that used to be the United States. The series is sort of a mix between The Bachelor and Hunger Games. Girls in the different castes are competing to be the future wife of Prince Maxon. This is supposedly being made into a movie for Netflix but there hasn’t been an update on the project in over a year so I don’t know if it’s still happening.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han – This is also the first in a trilogy. Belly is a teenage girl who spends every summer at her mom’s best friend’s beach house with the moms, her older brother, and her mom’s friend’s two sons – Conrad and Jeremiah. They have known each other since they were born. But one summer Belly shows up and isn’t the little annoying girl they remember. The tv show for this is coming out next week on Amazon and I can’t wait!
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas – This is a prequel of sorts for Throne of Glass and most popularly read after Heir of Fire and before Queen of Shadows. It is made up of multiple novellas following Celaena Sardothien when she was an assassin. A lot of the characters in these stories show up in the later books of ToG so I think it’s definitely worth the read. Also, you get to see her relationship with Sam, which is heartbreaking fyi.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – I have written about this book a bunch lately but it’s just so good – one of my all time favs – and is a blue cover! To make a long story short since I won’t shut up about this book – Tate is a nurse in her early 20s. She moves in with her brother, a pilot. She starts a friends with benefit type situation with Miles who lives across the hall who is also a pilot. Tate doesn’t think she has time for a relationship. Miles doesn’t want one because of his past. They quickly realize that they have feelings for each other, but can Miles get over his past to commit to Tate?
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – One of my favorite romcoms. Lucy and Joshua are work rivals and are up for the same promotion. They both want the other to lose because they not only want the position but hate each other. Or do they? This became a movie this year and it was alright lol. But the book was so good!
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood – Fans of fake dating tropes will enjoy this one. Olive is a Ph.D. student with no desire to date. Her best friend is on her case about it so she lies and says she has a boyfriend. The first guy she grabs in a panic one night outside her lab is Adam – a brilliant scientist, professor, and supposed ass. He agrees to fake date her, but soon neither want it to really be fake.
I have gotten quite a few new books lately and many of them just so happen to have blue covers as well! Must be a popular book cover color. I haven’t read them yet so maybe I’ll have to do another blue book post in the future.
*This post contains affiliate links.*