MMCs that Give Me “Cardigan” Vibes
One of my favorite Taylor Swift songs (and there are a lot) is “Cardigan” from her Folklore album. Part of the song goes,
And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone’s bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite
I’ve rounded up a few male main characters who give off the vibes of this part of the song. Characters who look at the female main character who may feel like life hasn’t been kind to them or they’ve been through a lot in the past or they just don’t feel like they’ve got it together and still love and treasure them no matter what.
- Atlas Corrigan from It Ends With Us and It Starts With Us – He loves and is there for Lily no matter what and tries to protect her when they were teenagers and again when they’re adults.
- Ledger Ward from Reminders of Him – Kenna has a complicated past and Ledger is directly connected to it. There are plenty of people who don’t like her because of mistakes she made in the past, but Ledger is there for her and sees how good of a person she is.
- Slade Ravinger from The Plated Prisoner series – Auren has been through a lot in her childhood and then with her years with Midas. Slade is the first one to shower her real love and sees how powerful she is.
- Garrett Graham from The Deal – Hannah went through a traumatic experience as a teenager and hasn’t been able to fully open up and trust a guy. Garrett helps her get through it and loves her unconditionally.
- Pike Lawson from Birthday Girl – Jordan didn’t have a stable or loving childhood. She’s been taking care of herself pretty much her whole life. Pike is the first one to want to take care of her and show her how worthy she is of love.
Do you have any characters you’d add to this list?
*This post contains affiliate links.*