Now that we’re in the heart of winter I thought I would share some winter (outerwear) essentials with you. While today has been a mild day I’m sure it will be short lived, though I do wish it would snow some more.
- A good winter coat is key for a winter in the northeast US. I know some people who don’t wear winter coats and I shiver just looking at them! I especially like ones with hoods in case it rains or snows or if it’s just super cold and windy out.
- Glittens are one of the best inventions ever. I hate the feeling of not being able to fully move my fingers. Obviously, gloves offer you the ability to move your fingers unlike mittens, but I still feel confined and like I can’t properly move my fingers. Glittens are the best because you can cover your fingers to be warm and cozy or you can fold over the top part and your fingers can be free!
- Lip balm is crucial for the winter. The cold and wind can be brutal on your lips and skin.
- Warm boots, such as UGGs, help keep your feet nice and toasty. At least even if the rest of you is cold, your feet will be warm!
- The importance of a scarf is pretty self-explanatory. It helps keep your neck and chest warm because even with your coat zipped/buttoned up air still gets in and sometimes you just need that extra material. Scarves are also fashionable so it’s a great opportunity to show some style amidst all the layers.
- Lastly, moisturizer is super important but what I’m focusing on here is hand cream because the cold, winter weather can really dry out your skin and I hate the feeling of dry hands. You know when you close your hands and they feel tight? That’s the worst!
What are some of your winter essentials?