The lovely Camila from The Geek Chick nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award recently and I thought today was the perfect day to write my post on it. I have actually been nominated for this award a few months ago and wrote a post here, but seeing as that was back in September I thought it’d be nice to do it again especially since these are different questions and Camila was nice enough to think of me!
To begin, I want to thank Camila for nominating me! She was actually one of my very first subscribers and began leaving really nice and supportive comments from the get-go and I could not be more grateful! If it weren’t for her initial reaching out to me, who knows if I’d still be doing this blog?! So thank you, Camila!
HERE ARE THE RULES OF THE AWARD:
Thank the blogger who nominated you & link back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate seven bloggers who you feel deserve the award.
The 10 Questions:
1. What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? I think my current favorite item in my closet are my Milk26 leggings. They fit perfectly and are so comfortable. Not to mention they have adorable button details by the calf/ankle so they will be super cute in the spring, but for now I wear them with boots.
2. What’s your biggest style regret? I really can’t think of a style that I used to wear that I really regret or cringe at thinking back on.
3. Favorite current trend? My favorite current trend are cape coats. I absolutely love the look of cape coats and think they look so chic. I got one for Christmas, but it’s been way too cold here for me to wear it 🙁 So I’m waiting for the weather to not be freezing so I can break it out.
4. Favorite style decade? There are things I like from every decade, but off the top of my head I really liked the 1920s and it’s Gatsby-esque style. I love the loose, long dresses with details such as fringe, low necklines and long necklaces.
5. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a creative outlet and to be able to share my thoughts and interests with anyone willing to listen.
6. How would you describe your style? I think my style definitely varies with my mood and the occasion. I can wear a plaid shirt, skinnies, and slip ons one day and then want to wear a sparkly mini dress with heels the next. Overall though I would probably describe myself as having a classic style.
7. What’s the meaning behind your blog name? I couldn’t think of anything else! Since my blog is essentially a lifestyle blog and my tag line is “A look at anything and everything that interests me” it seems fitting that my blog name be Life According to Jamie.
8. What’s your favorite thing about fashion? The thing I love about fashion and beauty is that you have total freedom to express yourself. There is no right or wrong look. Sure, people may not agree with your choices, but they’re your choices and all that matters is if you like what you’re wearing.
9. Any trends you wish you’d never tried? Like with #2 I can’t think of anything I really regret trying.
10. What’s your dream article of clothing? (like a Chanel bag) I’d love to own an Hermes bag, which is obviously a dream item since they’re about a couple thousand dollars too much for me!
2. Hugs x Heart
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What was the last item you splurged on?
3. What is your current favorite trend?
4. What’s the last item you regret buying?
5. How would you describe your style?
6. What’s your dream article of clothing?
7. If you were to walk a red carpet, who would you want to design your dress?
8. What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?
9. What do you like best about fashion?
10. What do you like best about beauty?