Being a homeowner comes with its ups and downs, but one of the best things about it is that you can invest in your home and increase its value whenever you choose.
If you are lucky enough to have a home with a back yard, courtyard, big garden or even a tiny balcony, it is time to make the changes that will fulfil your outdoor space’s full potential.
In this blog, we will show you three reasons to invest in your garden this year. There’s no time to waste – put on your sunglasses and gardening gloves, and let’s get started!
- Investing in your garden will add significant value to your home.
If you are considering selling your home at some point in the future, investing in your garden is a very wise choice. According to recent studies, landscaping your garden could increase your home’s value by up to 77%! That is a phenomenal figure that shouldn’t be ignored; you will never regret spending money improving your outdoor space.
Some high-value garden improvements to make in 2021 are:
- Install decking and awning. Decking and awnings makes your garden a great place to spend time, especially during the summer months. If you have children, these features can be greatly beneficial, giving them a safe, clean space to play outdoors.
- Plant a lawn. If you don’t already have a lawn in your garden, now is the time to get one. A lawn is a beautiful installment into your garden space, and can greatly improve the general aesthetic, as well as the experience, of your backyard!
- Plant a vegetable garden. A vegetable garden adds dimension and intrigue to your garden, as well as providing you with an excuse to spend more time outside.
- Spending time in your garden can improve your mental health.
Remember that vegetable garden we just mentioned? It’s not just for cute aesthetics and delicious veggies. Spending more time outdoors, with your hands in soil, can greatly improve your overall mental health.
Psychologists claim that having a better connection to nature can alleviate anxiety, improve symptoms of depression, and generally reduce stress. The problem is, if your garden is unsightly or doesn’t have much to it, you are unlikely to want to spend time out there.
However, by investing in your garden, making it a beautiful place to spend time, you can actually spend time out there and enjoy yourself.
- Having a garden that is welcoming to others gives you a chance to socialise safely.
COVID-19 is still present in our lives, and if we want to socialise, we have to do so with caution. By investing in a welcoming garden space, you are able to have friends and family over to hang out without having to invite them indoors and potentially break regulations.
With decking, awnings, parasols, beautiful garden furniture and room enough for a picnic, you could make your garden the social hub of the summer!
Overall, there’s no better time than summer 2021 to invest in your garden.