I’ll be in Georgia/Florida for the next week so I wanted to share what I decided to pack with me for makeup, skincare, and haircare. When traveling, I definitely try to cut back on products because there just isn’t room or time for the regular routine. There are some essentials and some that you can do without for a week. Then there are some that are great multi-taskers that are definitely helpful in saving room in your suitcase and shaving some minutes in the morning.
Without further ado, here’s what I packed!
- Smashbox More than Primer Blemish Control
- theBalm Time Balm Foundation – this cream foundation will be great to travel with because it provides pretty good coverage and is travel friendly since there’s no chance of it leaking!
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer – I was basically scraping the bottom of my Benefit Erase Paste so I decided to break this one out. Yesterday was my first day using it so we’ll see how it performs. I’ll do a review on it once I have a better feel for it.
- bareMinerals Well Rested powder
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil
- Neutrogena Mineral Powder
- L’oreal Magic Lumi (highlight)
- Smashbox High Definition Concealer – I feel like this is on it’s last days, but at the same time some of these squeezy tube products are never ending! Regardless, I’m bringing my Revlon stick concealer with me as well just in case.
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Primer & MAC Paint Pot (to ensure my shadows stay on in the heat)
- Naked2 Basics – Since the majority of my week away will be at the Disney parks I just want easy, neutral shades to swipe on in the morning, but for those few days/nights that I will be out at places other than the parks I can still create a nice look.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (Wild Rose) – This will be great to use for eyeshadow if I want to do something other than the Naked2 colors and I can also use it for blush.
- Naked Flushed (Naked) – This blush/bronzer/highlight palette will be good when I have an extra minute to do a more full-on look. Otherwise I can just use the Shimmer Brick for some color on the cheeks.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
- Flower Beauty Sheer Up Lip Tint – I’ll probably mostly be just using lip balm during the week, but if I decide to wear a little bit of color on the lips at night I brought this along.
- Wet n Wild Brow Kit
- MAC Fix
- Equate & Olay cleansing cloths – I’m not going to bring a face wash, so these facial towels will be great for getting off all the makeup and grime from the day.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes – Also bringing a travel size pack of these
- Aveeno Moisturizer for the body & face moisturizer which contains SPF 15
- Neutrogena Sunscreen
- Fresh Peony Brightening SPF UV Shielf SPF 50+ – This will be great to wear on my face under my makeup for the day in the 80+ degree weather.
- Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen – This powder puff suncreen will be good to top off my face on the few days I won’t be outside all day. Also, this is supposed to soothe skin if you get a little too much sun so it might be good at night before heading out (on days where I’ll be stopping back at the hotel before heading out for dinner).
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer – I love this moisturizer and the shape of the bottle is perfect for traveling. I have the one in Combination Skin.
- Travel size Dove Body Wash
- Urban Decay B6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray
- This isn’t really skincare, but it’s my Marchesa Parfum D’Extase
- Biolage Shampoo & Conditioner in travel bottles
- Tresemme Dry Shampoo
I’m the kind of person who has to wash their hair every day. I can’t go more than a day because my hair just looks awful and not even dry shampoo can help it. So why am I bringing dry shampoo? I usually wash my hair in the morning or else it looks flat. Since some of these mornings, we’ll have to get up really early, I’m planning to shower at night to cut down on my getting ready time in the morning. My hair will be clean and freshly washed from the night before but after sleeping on it I probably will need a bit of dry shampoo. So the dry shampoo isn’t to clean it, but to provide some volume.
That concludes what I brought with me for makeup, skincare and haircare. I don’t think I forgot anything….hopefully not! Andddd as I proofread this post I realize I forgot to pack my Bobbi Brown eye cream. Better go do that now as that’s one of the items I don’t want to skip out on this week!