Beauty, Entertainment, Food, Sets, TV
May 2015 Favorites
May 2015 Favorites by lifeaccordingtojamie featuring bare escentuals makeup
It’s the end of another month and again, I can’t believe it! Seriously, where does the time go? I’m back with what I’ve been loving for the month of May so let’s get started.
- IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Dual Airbrush Concealer #2 Brush – This brush was included in my order of the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye, which now that I’m looking at the price of the brush alone, was a steal! I love this brush and not so much for the dual ended-ness of it (I’m actually not a huge fan of dual ended brushes because it becomes a pain to wash) but solely for the fluffy end. It has been absolutely perfect for placing/blending eyeshadows in the outer-v and crease. It is dense enough that you’re not just getting a wash of color, but actually blending. However, it’s not hard or scratchy at all. It’s soft and fluffy, but at the same time dense — if that makes sense!
- Almay Smart Shade Blush – I have one of these Smart Shade blushes and I have it in the shade “Pink”. It gives a very natural pink flush to the cheeks.
- bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Eyeshadow – I love these cream eyeshadows. If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you may know that I’m not a big fan of cream products (eyeshadows, cheek products, etc.) but these shadows are awesome! Just a quick swipe with the applicator and blending it in with your fingers or a brush (the IT Cosmetics brush mentioned above has been perfect for this) and you’re done. And you know this cream product must be good if I’ve been converted! It goes on and blends so smoothly and definitely has a cream to powder texture. I have 2 shades (Blushing Pink and Sweet Spice) and want to get some more.
- Now onto TV favorite this month. I could have said “Outlander” again because let’s be serious, it’s my favorite TV show of life at the moment (and last night was the season finale – what am I going to do until next year?!), but I didn’t want to be so repetitive so I’m going with something else I loved this month which is “Grimm”. I’ve long been a fan of the show, but I felt like the last few episodes of the season really stepped up its game and the writers/showrunners were not afraid to take risks at all. Usually when shows try to make a major character go bad or waver in their allegiances, it’s short-lived and then everything goes back to normal and the status-quo and you forget it ever happened. Not so with “Grimm” — they went all in and didn’t look back! I really admire their decision to make that kind of commitment!
- Onto a food favorite of mine – for some reason I have been on a real shrimp kick lately. All different kinds of shrimp dishes. My favorite this month probably was the coconut shrimp I had at Bonefish Grill back at he beginning of the month. It’s funny because I’ve always liked shrimp, but never loved it or anything, but lately I am loving it and cannot get enough. No idea why!
Favorite song this month could have gone to Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” because I’ve been listening to it a lot lately and who doesn’t love that music video? But instead, I’m going to go with a song that I’ve been consistently listening to all month which is…..
Jason Derulo – “Want to Want Me”. The song is so catchy and you can’t help but sing along, or at least I can’t! I don’t really like the music video though so that’s why I chose the lyric video to include here.
And that concludes my May favorites. I don’t think I missed anything that I was really loving this month. What have you been loving?