One of the best gifts that you have is your smile. It’s one of the best because it’s something that you give to others as much as you give to yourself. You can make others feel good, you can feel good and you can express your feelings, too and all just with a smile. A smile shows people we love them and that we are happy to be around them. It also shows that you are happy with yourself, too.
It doesn’t matter why you’re smiling, you should feel confident. You only get one smile, and while you can upgrade your teeth with the help of an orthodontist or a cosmetic smile makeover, you should always feel good in the way your smile looks. Below, we’ve put together some of the best ways you can be more confident in your smile.
- Allow it. Are you someone who suppresses their smile? It’s time to stop. You need to allow yourself to grin broadly at others, and even if you don’t smile often, you can start. You’ll notice some people won’t smile as it can make them more vulnerable; allow yourself that from time to time.
- Practice. You can practice your smile and be more confident as a result. Use a mirror, or take photos of yourself smiling so you can see which type of smile you like. The more you smile, the better it feels. When you practice, you can get used to smiling more and that has a positive effect on your confidence levels.
- Make it healthy. Seeing an orthodontist is one thing, but you need regular checkups with the dentist to make sure that the smile you’re sporting is a big and healthy one. Brush and floss at home and go and see a hygienist every six months, too. Go and see the dentist when you can and rinse with mouthwash regularly to keep your teeth clean.
- Mean it. If you want to be happy with your smile, you have to mean it. You have to smile with intention because then it;s not just coming from your mouth, but your eyes. This is a genuine smile that comes from the heart and it’s something you need to do if you want to ensure that you are feeling confident about it.
- Accept compliments. If someone tells you that you have a great smile, accept it! Don’t brush it off; simply say thank you and move on. You can improve your mood, lower your blood pressure, feel pretty and feel more confident when you smile, and if someone wants to compliment you on it, let them do it. You can even gain promotions when you smile, so don’t knock the power of a positive, healthy, happy smile.
Smiling isn’t for a lot of people but you can always learn how to do it with feeling. Smiling is going to make you feel good and that confidence could change your life. Take your time and learn to smile well – you won’t regret it.