Books to Song Lyrics: ‘Tis the Damn Season
What better time of year to do a books to song lyrics post for Taylor Swift’s “‘Tis the Damn Season” than right now? Side note: I can’t believe Christmas is 10 days away. Definitely doesn’t feel like it to me!
Anyway, I chose the chorus of the song:
“So we could call it even
You could call me babe for the weekend
‘Tis the damn season, write this down
I’m stayin’ at my parents’ house
And the road not taken looks real good now
And it always leads to you in my hometown“
- “You could call me babe for the weekend” – The Spanish Love Deception – Lina and Aaron pretend to be dating at her sister’s wedding in Spain for a weekend.
- “‘Tis the damn season, write this down.” – Lovelight Farms – Stella and her best friend, Luka, fall in love (or more like finally admit their love) during the holiday season on her Christmas tree farm.
- “I’m staying at my parents’ house” – The Risk – Brenna has to move back in with her dad after her apartment floods. She and her dad have a strained relationship that they have to work through.
- “And the road not taken looks real good now” – Josh & Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating – Josh and Hazel set each other up on a series of blind dates to try to find love and ignore the fact that they’re perfect for each other.
- “And it always leads to you and my hometown.” – One True Loves – Emma moves back home to her hometown after tragically losing her husband, her high school sweetheart. After a couple of years she reconnects with an old high school friend and falls in love. They get engaged and then her husband returns, alive.
Any thoughts on my picks?
*This post contains affiliate links.*