I am so honored to have been nominated by Camila from The Geek Chick for the Fashionista Award! It means so much to me that she thought of me for this nomination!
So this award was started by Nessa at That Chic Fashion Blog and the purpose of this award is to help build relationships and bonds between bloggers as well as bring attention to some more blog/bloggers (fashion & beauty). All the details can be found here ! I, along with 9 other bloggers, were nominated by Camila. The nomination involves answering some questions so you can learn a little more about me as well as my own 10 nominations, which I will list and provide links for below.
1) What motivated you to start blogging?
I have been interested in blogging for quite some time, but didn’t know what I wanted my platform to be. I didn’t know if I felt passionate enough about one particular thing to dedicate an entire blog to it. Then, one day I decided I was just going to do it. It didn’t have to have just one focus – it could be about anything I’m interested in!
2) Favorite movies?
I have a lot of movies that I love! Off the top of my head some movies that I could watch over and over again are: Pride & Prejudice, Love Actually, Something Borrowed, The Proposal, The Sound of Music…basically any romantic comedy/love story movie that leaves your heart aching at some point and then has a happy ending! Oh and Harry Potter movies. I could watch those all day, every day.
3) What is your dream career?
Well I’m a high school teacher and while I love it, I don’t know if it’s exactly my “dream” career. I enjoy blogging right now so if that could be my career I guess that would be it!
4) Top wish list items at the moment?
I really want a pair of Tieks! And to try some of the Marc Jacobs Beauty items.
5) Favorite television shows?
I watch a lot of TV shows, but my all-time favorite show would have to be Friends.
6) What store do you find yourself shopping in the most?
For clothes I shop at Loft the most because they have great casual clothes and work clothes. For beauty items I’m always stocking up on things at Sephora and Ulta.
7) Favorite fashion designers?
I’m not extremely familiar with a lot of high-end, couture designers, but I do know that from pictures I’ve seen and award show red carpets I usually like designs by Alexander McQueen (love everything Kate Middleton wears!), Carolina Herrera, and Monique Lhuillier. But for real Kate Middleton made Alexander McQueen really catch my eye. So classy and timeless!
8) Describe your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be a mix of relaxation, but also has a lot of culture and sightseeing, because I love history and exploring.
9) What are the goals for your blog?
I would love for my blog to continue to grow in every way. I want all different kinds of people with different interests to find something they like on my blog.
10) If you had the opportunity to interview a celebrity, who would it be? Not sure if she’s considered a “celebrity”, but it would be Kate Middleton, because she seems so down-to-earth and I love her style. Reality “celebrity” would have to be Kim Kardashian.
1. Camila at The Geek Chick
2. Eveline at Fashtonishing
3. Leah at Leah’s Fashion Blog
4. Victoria at Living Disrobed
5. Ana at Look Beyond Beauty
6. Jennifer at Penny Pow’s Style Diary
7. Vanessa at Say Hello to Gorgeous
8. Laura at StyleBreakdown
9. Whitney & Elizabeth at The Luxe Look
10. Rachel at Rachel’s Beauty Bites
If I’ve nominated you, be sure to check out the link I provided at the top of this post for the information/guidelines!