The lovely ladies at Twinspiration nominated me for The Beauty Blogger Award! If you haven’t stopped by their page yet, you should check it out for some great fashion, beauty and DIY posts!
- State the name of the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked by the person that nominated you.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers whose blogs are about fashion or beauty.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
1. What is your favorite makeup brand?
There are so many brands that I love. I’m not sure I have an all-time favorite, but a few brands I love are Lorac, MAC, Too Faced, and some drugstore brands like L’oreal, Maybelline, Revlon.
2. Is there a product you can’t live without?
Concealer! I think you can get away with not wearing foundation as long as you have a great concealer to hide any blemishes, redness, and/or undereye circles.
3. Do you prefer to use inexpensive or more expensive products?
I don’t have a preference as long as it does the job. I’ve used some products from high-end brands that were duds and some drugstore items that worked like a dream. Other times, the more expensive products ends up working better and that age-old saying “you get what you pay for” rings true. It’s really trial by error.
4. Do you like to use products from other countries than the one you reside in?
I’m not sure if I’ve ever used any beauty products that are from other countries, but I’d be more than willing to try some out!
5. What is the most $$ you’ve ever spent on a product?
I spent a lot of money on the Guerlain Meteorites Light-Diffusing Primer years ago when I first started to really get into makeup. I can’t believe I spent that much looking back on it. I actually think my mom bought it for me because I had read about primers (I think I was at the end of my high school years) and my mom said I could pick one out at Sephora (any one!) and this is what I got. I haven’t gotten it again, but I definitely would treat myself to this one day as a splurge item!
6. Have you ever used a product that was just terrible? If so which one?
YES! So about 2 years ago, Cargo had an eyeshadow palette that came out called “Suited to a Tea” and the whole line was really cute looking and based around tea-time. Because the packaging looked so cute and I had had a good experience with the brand before I decided to get this cream to powder eye palette. Let me tell you, this was the worst thing ever. I’ve gotten products before that were a bit disappointing or didn’t exactly live up to the hype, but still pretty decent and definitely something I could work with. These eyeshadows did absolutely nothing. I would have to literally rub my brush in, rub and rub and rub, and nothing! It was awful. I quickly saw that a ton of people had similar complaints as well so this wasn’t a matter of the product just not working for me or getting a bad batch. It boggles my mind that a brand would release a product that clearly needed tons of improvement. *phew* end rant.
7. Do you have a face cleansing routine? Is so what is it?
Sure do. I first remove my makeup with a makeup wipe and eye makeup remover and a cotton ball or cotton round. Then, I use a facial cleanser (currently the First Aid Beauty Cleanser I talked about here). Then follow up with eye cream, serums, moisturizer etc.
8. Do you prefer to purchase your products in store or online? Why?
I definitely buy more items online than in store these days. Foundation can be tricky to buy online because it’s hard to really see shades online, but I just find online shopping so much more convenient.
“10” RANDOM FACTS
1. I love to read and wish I had more time to do it!
2. I love traveling, but one of the best parts of a trip is coming home to your own shower and bed in my opinion.
3. When I was little, I thought about being a fashion designer but decided against it because I’m hopeless at drawing.
4. I took dance classes until I graduated from high school.
5. One of my top travel wish-list destinations is Australia.
umm….my brain is unable to come up with 5 more random facts at the moment so I’m changing this to 5 random facts! Hence, the quotation marks above 🙂
Thanks again to Britta and Carli for nominating me!