I can’t believe Christmas is next week! Crazy! As I write this I’m watching/listening to Adele’s Live in New York show so while I’ve got a few spare minutes to relax, I thought I would do this Holly Jolly Holiday Tag that I saw on Jen from In the Beauty Box‘s blog last week.
Here are some pretty lights from a tree I got from Costco this year (I’m turning into one of those people that needs multiple trees #sorrynotsorry) before I begin the tag!
- Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until last minute? My Christmas shopping timeline spans a good while. I usually start buying little things here and there before Black Friday and continue shopping up until the week before Christmas.
- If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be? There are so many good Christmas movies that it’s hard to decide! I’m a sucker for all the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. They always get me and have happy endings, but since those are lesser known, I’ll go with something more mainstream and pick The Holiday. Who wouldn’t want to go on vacation and fall in love while surrounded by the magic of Christmas?
- Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? I like Christmas Eve better. There’s something magical about Christmas Eve and there’s a feeling of goodwill, love, and magic in the air. Christmas Eve also brings with it this sense of anticipation and once Christmas Day arrives it’s like the beginning of the end.
- When does your family put up their Christmas tree and who decorates it? We put up our Christmas tree and decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving and I decorate the tree.
- White lights or colored lights? I love both kinds.
- Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like to be surprised? I usually have a wish list to help out friends/relatives who have no idea what to get me and even when I know they’ve gotten something from the list I am very good about not peeking at it beforehand. I love being surprised, so even if I know the item I’d prefer not to set my eyes on it before Christmas.
- Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or Santa’s workshop? Tricky! If you asked me a few days ago I would’ve said Santa’s workshop without a thought, but then I saw this post on People Magazine with pictures of amazing gingerbread houses — some that you can even go inside and dine in! So I’ll have to say gingerbread house.
- Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions. When I was little, my family (parents, brother, and me) would eat a nice dinner and hang out at my house watching Christmas movies. Then, around 10pm we would head over to my grandparents’ house about 15 minutes away. We would hang out there with my grandparents, aunts, and uncles talking, eating, and watching holiday things on TV until midnight. As soon as it was midnight, we would go open gifts! These were gifts just from my grandparents, aunts, and uncles — gifts from my parents and Santa were for Christmas morning back home. These days, we have Christmas Eve dinner at my family’s house now that so many people have moved away and my grandpa is much older.
- If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be? Well I don’t have anyone special in my life at the moment so I suppose any of my celebrity crushes!
- What tops your tree? Was an angel for years and years, but I recently switched to a star.
That’s the end of the tag! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and if you decide to do the tag, let me know!
P.S. Don’t forget that tomorrow’s the last day to enter the Alterre Shoe Giveaway!