It’s hard to believe that it’s actually New Year’s Eve today. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that a whole year has passed since I wrote my reflection on 2014. Now tomorrow will be 2016.
In some ways I feel like 2015 was the same as 2014 and in some ways I think things have changed. I guess that’s how life is sometimes – you feel like you’re taking steps forward, but then there are inevitable setbacks and it’s hard for you to see the progress you’ve made.
I’m happy that I’ve stuck to this blog in 2015. It’s so easy to just give up on it when there are so many other things going on in life. I’m sure all my fellow bloggers can agree with me when I say that blogging is hard work! Thinking up post ideas, taking pictures, editing, writing, etc. on top of keeping up a social media presence if you are trying to grow your blog more. But, I have to say that I love blogging so much that it has never felt like a chore or a “job”. I do all of it happily. And doesn’t the saying go something like “if you truly love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life”?
Before, I go into my hopes for 2016, I want to share a few posts from 2015. I’ve picked 10 posts that I thought were good representations of the year for me. Here they are in no particular order.
- Arm Knitting – Infinity Scarf – Last school year there were a bunch of snow days (which I would not be opposed to a few this year) and on one of the days that I was bored at home and suffering from cabin fever I followed a YouTube tutorial video and arm-knitted an infinity scarf.
- Going Out With an Electric Parade – It’s no secret that I love Disney. I hadn’t been to Disney World in quite a few years and so I went with my cousins during spring break. The electric parade is one of my favorite things to see at Magic Kingdom and we stayed late on our last night at Disney to watch.
- Dipped Key OOTD – This was a look from May featuring a dipped key from La Clé Jewelry that I won in a giveaway hosted by the brand and blogger Living Disrobed. I was so excited to win!
- Sedona Jeep Ride – At the end of June I went to Sedona, Arizona and the jeep ride through the red rocks was one of the highlights of the trip.
- Watts Up & Rockateur Combo – The combination of these two products is out of this world. It creates the most beautiful rose gold glow on your cheeks – a lit from within look if you will. I loved this post and I think my face looks pretty flawless if I do say so myself!
- Kimono + Romper – Kimonos and rompers were staples in my wardrobe this summer and I don’t think my love for either will fade anytime soon. This look was one of my favorites of the year.
- Decorating with Ornaments – I love this super simple home decor idea for the holidays. These dollar store ornaments in a large vase is gorgeous!
- Paisley Skater Skort – This was another one of my favorite looks of the year. Probably my favorite look of the fall for sure. The whole thing just worked. The solid grey top, paisley skater skort, over-the-knee boots, and denim jacket — it all came together perfectly.
- Stuffed Pork Tenderloin – One of my favorite food posts to share with you all this year.
- Photo Challenge: On the Way – Probably my favorite photo challenge response this year and one of my favorite pictures of all time. This was taken a few years ago shortly before landing in Hawaii.
For 2016, I’m hoping for big things in all areas of my life. I hope to continue growing this blog. I’m hoping to continue exploring the world and make more blogging buddies while still maintaining the friendships I’ve made on here already. I’m hoping to make big changes in my personal life as well.
Thank you all for reading and visiting the blog whether you’re new to this site or you’ve been following me since the beginning! I hope you all have a wonderful 2016 and your dreams come true or you at least come closer to achieving them!
I’ll close out this post like last year with DJ Earworm’s mashup of this year’s hits.