Are you a fan of slow burn romances or do you like instalove? Or something in between? I can be a fan of any of those depending on the story, but there’s nothing like a good slow burn. It’s just so satisfying! I’ve rounded up some slow burn romances that I love.
- The Wall of Winnipeg & Me by Mariana Zapata. Mariana Zapata is supposedly the queen of the slow burn. I’ve only read The Wall of Winnipeg & Me by her, but I loved it so much that I’m definitely planning to read more (or all) of her books. Vanessa and Aiden start out as sort of not really friends to friends and slowly develop feelings for each other. It is such a good slow burn.
- Hook, Line, & Sinker by Tessa Bailey. This novel is a friends to lovers romcom so naturally it is a slow burn. Hannah and Fox try fighting their feelings for each other for most of the book and it’s so good.
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry. This is a friends to lovers romcom and the friendship takes place over the course of 10 years so to say it’s a slow burn is apt.
- The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas. This is an enemies to lovers romcom and it takes quite a while for Lina to realize Aaron isn’t her enemy. It is a deliciously good slow burn.
- The American Roommate Experiment by Elena Armas. The story of Rosie (Lina’s best friend from SLD) and Lucas (Lina’s cousin) is a fun, strangers to friends to lovers romcom with forced proximity. The attraction is undeniable, but they both fight it despite going on “dates” to help Rosie get inspired for her romance novel. The tension is so good.
- Gleam by Raven Kennedy. The tension between Auren and Rip in Glint was so good and it continues in Gleam. When they can finally be together it. is. everything.
- Crescent City House of Earth & Blood by Sarah J. Maas. The relationship between Bryce and Hunt is one of my favorites ever. Their relationship going from being annoyed with one another to accepting one another to being friends and then finally to being more than friends is a slow burn for sure but so satisfying. If they’re not end game, I will riot.
There are so many amazing slow burn romances, but these are just some of the ones I love! I’m sure I’ll make a part 2 at some point!
*This post contains affiliate links.*