Found Family Book Picks
A trope I love that doesn’t get talked about as much as the more popular ones like enemies to lovers, etc. is the found family trope. The found family trope is when the main character or characters find a group or friends or a lover that becomes family to them, usually when they don’t have family of their own, but not necessarily.
Here are a few books I’ve enjoyed that have the found family trope!
- Den of Vipers – Roxy and the Vipers – Roxy’s only family is her dad, who she’s estranged from and he sold her to pay off a debt. The Vipers, although two are actual brothers, act like real brothers and take Roxy in.
- The Wall of Winnipeg & Me – Vanessa and Aiden become family to one another. Aiden does not talk to his abusive parents and his grandparents who he really loved have passed. Vanessa’s family is very toxic. But, Vanessa and Aiden eventually become a unit and only need each other.
- The Inheritance Games series – Avery has her half-sister and that’s it. She lives half the time in her car. Until she moves in to the Hawthorne mansion when she inherits billions of dollars. The Hawthornes become her family.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses series – more specifically A Court of Mist and Fury – Feyre is not particularly close to her sisters in the first book in this series and in book 2, A Court of Mist and Fury she begins to feel at home with Rhysand and his Inner Circle.
- Plated Prisoner seres – more specifically starting with Glint – Auren doesn’t have any family and after questioning her relationship with Midas, she starts to feel like she fits in with Rip and his Wrath.
- Twisted series – There is the found family trope to varying degrees in all of the books in the Twisted series. In Twisted Love – Alex doesn’t have any family and Josh is his best friend before he falls in love with Ava. In Twisted Games, Rhys doesn’t have any family as he serves as Bridget’s bodyguard. In Twisted Hate, Josh’s only real family is Ava and Jules is estranged from her mother. In Twisted Lies, Christian doesn’t have any living family.
Are you a fan of the found family trope?
*This post contains affiliate links.*