When this post goes live, I’ll be on my way to Sedona, Arizona for the next 5 days! It’ll be my first time there and I’m really excited to spend some time getting rejuvenated in the desert and surrounded by the red rocks. Here’s what I packed beauty wise for the trip!
- Smashbox More than Primer Blemish Control
- Benefit Big Easy Foundation – This foundation is a liquid to powder foundation that is more like a BB cream. It also has SPF 35 which is going to be great when I’m out in the hot sun.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
- Revlon Photoready Concealer
- bareMinerals Well Rested
- Neutrogena Mineral Powder
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil
- Milani Illuminating Face Powder – This is a great multitasker that will be great to use as my blush and highlight since it’s got some glow.
- MAC Fix+
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Primer
- MAC Paint Pot (Painterly)
- Sonia Kashuk – Eye on Neutral
- Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara
- Wet n Wild Brow Kit
Some bonus products that I’m bringing are Nivea Kiss of Smoothness balm because it has SPF 15 and no one wants burnt lips and Jane Iredale’s ‘Powder Me’ Dry Sunscreen. The powder can be used like a finishing powder for some extra SPF and it’s supposedly good for soothing skin that has seen too much sun so I plan to use this in case I get a bit too much sun on my face (fingers crossed I don’t!).
The temperatures in Sedona will be averaging around 100 while I’m in town, but people tell me that it’s a “dry” heat so it’s not that bad. It doesn’t usually get to 100 where I live, unless there’s a heat wave, but it does get to be in the 90s and it can be very humid so supposedly the dry heat won’t feel that bad. With the heat in mind and the fact that I’m not really going there to impress anyone I kept the makeup very light and natural. No additional blushes, highlighters and bronzers – just the illuminating face powder, one neutral eye palette, and actually no lip products other than my Nivea balm. I’m going for a really natural look on this particular trip and I figure with the heat, there’s a chance if I wear heavier makeup it would probably melt off my face.
The blog will be filled with travel related posts for the next week and I hope you’ll join me (via blog) on this journey! Once I’m home at the end of the week I’ll actually have to pack quickly and head back out of town for a wedding so the travel posts will continue beyond the next week.