Books that Make Me Cry
I’m not a super emotional person for the most part, but it really depends on my mood. If a book makes me cry, then you know it’s got to be pretty emotional. I rounded up some books that never fail to make me at least tear up along with some quotes that just give you all the feels.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – This book is the 3rd in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, which is an ultimate favorite of mine. So much happens in this book between Feyre and Rhysand and the whole inner circle including battles.
Quote: “I would have waited five hundred more years for you. A Thousand years. And if this was all the time we were allowed to have…the wait was worth it.”
- Crescent City: House of Earth & Blood by Sarah J. Maas – This is the first book in the Crescent City series. Because this is the first book there’s a lot of world building that goes on, but that’s not to say there weren’t some emotional parts. The main female character, Bryce, goes through a lot and it’s really heartbreaking at times. I’m sure book 2 is going to put me through the emotional wringer as well when I start it later this week. I can’t explain the below quote without giving anything away, but this had me crying.
Quote: “My friends are with me and I am not afraid.”
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – This book gave me all the feels. I love Evelyn Hugo and wish she were a real person. She’s such a brilliant, fierce character and some of the things she reveals about her past towards the end, especially when talking about her daughter, had me in tears.
Quote: “Never let anyone make you feel ordinary.”
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – I can’t explain my love for this book. It holds a special place in my heart, because I just love it so much. It’s not a happy, romantic book, and there are for sure some dark parts, but there is still something beautiful about it.
Quote: “Love isn’t always pretty. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it’ll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you’re back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.”
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover – This book is an emotional rollercoaster. Love is at the center of this book, but it’s a look at different kinds of love and also self-love. What are we willing to do for love and what are we not willing to put up with? Where do we personally draw the lines? I don’t believe there are any truly evil people in this book. I think this novel is a great example of how people are not purely one thing or another and that everything is complicated.
Quote: “In the future…if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again…fall in love with me.”
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas – This is the last book in the Throne of Glass series – another favorite series of mine. With it being the last book in a 8 book series, it is very emotional. Battles are fought, people are rescued, people are killed. You spend the whole time hoping that the characters you love who are in love with each other will survive.
Quote: “To whatever end?’ she breathed. Rowan followed her, as he had his entire life, long before they had ever met, before their souls had sparked into existence. ‘To whatever end, Fireheart.'”
I’m sure I’ll have more books soon that will have me in tears and I’ll do another round up sooner or later!
Did any of these books make you cry? Or do you have a book that made you emotional?
*This post contains affiliate links.*