I’ve been putting together a list of books that make me cry since my last list in August. I don’t get emotional reading very easily so the story has to hit me in just the right way and it probably has a lot to do with what mood I’m in what I read too. And then, of course, there are just some books that no matter what you can’t help by cry (or sob). So here’s my latest list with a non-spoilery quote for each book!
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover – “Sometimes I wonder what Scotty would think if he could see us. It makes me hope that an afterlife doesn’t exist, because if it does, Scotty is probably the only sad person in heaven.”
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover – “I would never let anyone else borrow my heart if I knew there’s a chance in hell you might want it back.”
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – “I could recognize him by touch alone, by smell; I would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. I would know him in death, at the end of the world.”
- One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid – “True love doesn’t always last,” I say. “It doesn’t always have to be for a lifetime.”
- The Dead Romantics by Ashley Posten – “Love is a celebration,’ I read, my voice wobbling, ‘of life and death. It stays with you. It lingers, my darlings, long after I’m gone. Listen for me when the wind rushes through the trees. I love you.”
- Gleam by Raven Kennedy – “The tears that fall down my cheeks cut me open, drip by drip, hot gashes that slice through my face and sting all the way to my essence.”
- Glow by Raven Kennedy – “Find me in another life. Find me in them all.”
- Crescent City: House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas – “Our love is stronger than time, greater than any distance. Our love spans across stars and worlds. I will find you again, I promise.”
Have you read any of these books and did they make you emotional?
*This post contains affiliate links.*