“It’s Always Been You” Book Picks
Are you a fan of the “It’s Always Been You” trope in books? I think there’s something really sweet about it and gives me all the feels. A few spoilers ahead!
Some books with this trope that I love are:
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – Patroclus & Achilles are meant to be together.
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover – Lily & Atlas are everything. I debated including this in the list since a lot of their relationship is in the flashbacks, but there are glimpses in their present day that show how they are meant to be and I can’t wait for the follow up novel to come out next month!
- 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne – Darcy & Tom have danced around their feelings for each other since they were kids.
- Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison – Stella & Luka have been best friends for years. It takes them a decade to be honest with each other.
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry – Poppy & Alex have been best friends since college, vacationing together every summer. It’s only after a rift in their friendship that Poppy realizes what Alex has known all along.
- We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han – Belly & Conrad are end game. This novel is the last in The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy and after everything Belly and Conrad have gone through together and separately, they finally get their happy ending.
Do you have a book you love with this trope?
*This post contains affiliate links.*