One of the songs I’ve been listening to a lot lately is “Sure Thing” by Miguel, but I usually listen to the remix sped up version since it’s what I hear a lot on Instagram. I thought it would be fun to use the song for my latest books to song lyrics post!
The part of the song that I used for this post are below:
If you be the cash
I’ll be the rubber band
You be the match
I will be a fuse, boom
Painter, baby, you could be the muse
I’m the reporter, baby, you could be the news
‘Cause you’re the cigarette and I’m the smoker
We raise a bet ’cause you’re the joker
Checked off, you are the chalk
And I can be the blackboard
- “If you be the cash, I’ll be the rubber band” – this one was tough, but I chose Twisted Lies just because Christian is super rich.
- “You be the match, I will be a fuse, boom” – I chose A Court of Silver Flames since Cassian and Nesta are badasses and powerhouses in their own rights. Plus there’s that story in one of the books that Cassian is banned from the Summer Court for blowing up one of their buildings last time he visited.
- “Painter, baby, you could be the must” – I chose A Court of Wings and Ruin because Feyre likes to paint.
- “I’m the reporter, baby, you could be the muse” – In The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Monique is a reporter and has been given the unique opportunity to be chosen by Evelyn Hugo to write her authorized biography.
- “Cause you’re the cigarette and I’m the smoker” – This makes me think of Daisy Jones and the Six because of the rock and roll lifestyle and drugs prevalent in the story.
- “We raise a bet ’cause you’re the joker” – I thought of Caraval for this line because Legend is the mastermind of Caraval and the players are always making deals with the Caraval workers.
- “Checked off, you are the chalk and I can be the blackboard” – This line made me think of A Million Kisses in Your Lifetime because Crew is much more experienced that innocent Wren and teaches her and guides her through their dating and intimate experiences together. Plus it’s a prep school romance.
What do you think of the books I picked for the lyrics?
*This post contains affiliate links.*