It’s officially August, which means it’s time to round up my July favorites. I’m a little sad about this because it means summer is really coming to an end. I have a 4-day long workshop to attend this coming week and then there’s just the remnants of summer left before I’m back at work a week before the students start. There’s also the matter of my birthday mixed in there which is always bittersweet these days as I like to get together with friends but hate the idea of getting another year older!
Before I begin to drown in my summertime sorrows here, let me go through my July favorites!
- Prickly Pear Lemonade – I had this in Arizona and it was sooo delicious! If you don’t know, prickly pear is the fruit from the prickly pear cactus…cacti….whatever. They make an assortment of things out of this fruit such as drinks, syrups, dipping sauces, etc. The lemonade was really good and refreshing in the hot desert.
- Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara – I always forget how much I love Maybelline mascaras. They are one of the drugstore mascaras that I don’t think get hyped enough. I just finished a tube of Mega Plush and I’m working through a tube of Falsies now.
- Copacabana Beach Candle – You know I love my candles and this one from Bath & Body Works smells so good and summery. I feel like I’m on a beach vacation when I light this candle. It smells like the beach and coconuts.
- Jurassic World – If you read my recent post titled, “Why I loved Jurassic World”, I think it’s pretty clear it would make it to my monthly favorites!
- Suits – The new season of Suits started up this summer and I’m loving the new season, as I do all the seasons. It feels like a fresh take this season, especially with the approach the writers are taking by getting more personal with Harvey.
- NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder – I love multitasking products and this one in Pink Cheek Glow from NYC is great, especially for summer, when I don’t feel like fiddling with a blush, highlight, and bronzer but just want a pink glow on my cheeks. This takes care of all of that for an easy, casual look. It’s also only a couple of bucks which makes it even better!
- “Beautiful Now” – Zedd – My favorite song for the month of July is “Beautiful Now”. I can’t stop listening to it!
What are some things you loved in July?