Another weekend, another awards show. This one I did watch from start to finish. I think the only ones I do that for are the Golden Globes, Oscars, and Emmys. Television and movies are a huge love of mine so maybe that’s why I actually take the time to watch those entire shows.
Before I get into my red carpet fashion picks from the evening I wanted to share a few highlights from the show that made me happy:
- Oscar Isaac’s win – I love Oscar Isaac (if you remember from my Star Wars post, I professed my celeb crush on him). He’s been on my radar since Inside Llewyn Davis and I always get so excited when phenomenal actors/actresses get recognized for their work.
- Kate Winslet’s win – I didn’t see Steve Jobs, but I’ll forever be a Kate Winslet fan so I love her every win.
- Sylvester Stallone’s standing ovation – The standing ovation that Sylvester Stallone got for his win was really touching.
- Denzel Washington’s Cecil B. DeMille Award – The legendary actor was honored with the Cecil B. DeMille Award – a well deserved award. How cute and funny was it that his wife asked him if he needed his glasses to read his speech?
- Lady Gaga looked gorgeous and genuinely moved and surprised to have won.
- Ryan Gosling was really funny presenting with Brad Pitt.
- Jim Carey poking fun at the idea that these awards are the end-all, be-all of fulfillment in life.
- Leonardo DiCaprio‘s standing ovation for winning. He’s such an amazing actor and I think pretty much everyone agrees that he doesn’t get enough recognition (award-wise) for his talent. I hope he finally wins an Oscar!
Okay, onto the fashion! Below were my favorite picks of the night!
First up, Lily James, looks like a romantic vision in this billowy white Marchesa gown. I love the asymmetrical neckline and that she kept her hair down and flowy to match her gown.
Kate Winslet stuns in this beautiful cobalt blue Ralph Lauren gown. It fits her like a glove and she looks amazing!
Jenna Dewan-Tatum does a ball gown right in this embellished, navy blue Zuhair Murad gown. I always love the look of plunging necklines on ball gowns.
I first saw Jennifer Lopez in this Giambattista Valli gown when she was presenting during the show and I was immediately drawn to it. The color is so bright, but it works and I love the cape!
Okay, Alicia Vikander‘s Louis Vuitton gown required two pictures to be able to really show you why I love it. This apron-like gown looks so simple, yet I think that’s what really draws me to it. The ruffles and subtle stripes make this beautiful gown so sweet.
It’s quite possible that I’ll be in the minority that likes Eva Longoria’s gown, but there’s just something about it that I love. I think the colors that are used for the floral details at the hips just give me retro vibes. Seriously, I feel like the floral print is something I would’ve seen in an art print at my grandparents’ house, but I love it!
Joanna Froggatt always looks great on the red carpet. This dark periwinkle gown with the pleats trimming the plunging neckline is beautiful.
Kirsten Dunst wears the most risque gown of the night on my list with this Valentino Haute Couture gown. This velvet gown also features a plunging neckline (noticing a trend here?) with three ties. She definitely pulls off the look.
That wraps up my random thoughts and fashion picks of the 2016 Golden Globes! Let me know what you thought of the show and/or the fashion!