I finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens! I know, I know, I’m probably the last person on Earth to see it. My friends and I had planned our Secret Santa get-together for January 2 and back in October or November decided it would be a good idea to follow up our gift exchange and lunch with the movie. At the time it seemed like a great idea, but once the movie was out it was torture knowing I wouldn’t be able to see it for another 3 weeks! It was so difficult to not click on any of the countless articles, spoilers, fan theories, etc. that began floating around the Internet and social media immediately following the release. I managed to pretty much not know anything about the movie though and after seeing it I am amazed at how good people have been about keeping the major details to themselves and not spoiling it for people! Also, I just want to note that the movie’s been out for 3 weeks and even with us arriving at the theater 30 mins prior to showtime with pre-bought tickets there was still a line outside the door onto the sidewalk to be seated!
I’m not going to do a proper review of the movie because I’m sure many of you have already seen it. I’ll just say that I thought it was great and I love reading all the theories! Also, I may now have a crush on Oscar Isaac (swoon).
So the title of this post is “All Things Star Wars” because I have a few things to share in this Star Wars themed post.
- I’ve already gone over seeing the movie and it being worth the wait so now onto some other fun things.
- I did nail art for the occasion. I saw a ton of ideas on Pinterest and as we know my nail art skills are limited so I did the one that looked the easiest which was the storm trooper. I also decided to draw the storm trooper only on my accent nail because I didn’t know if I’d do a good job and I figured it wouldn’t look so bad on only one nail as opposed to every single nail.
It actually turned out pretty good in my opinion! I guess my hands are getting steadier! I decided to use white polish on the rest of my nails as well and Sephora by OPI glitter polish in “Good Tidings We Bling”. Since it was also the same day as my Secret Santa gift exchange it made sense to keep it festive.
3. I also had to wear my Christmas Star Wars hoodie that I got for Christmas!
4. The whole Star Wars mania made me remember one of my all-time favorite commercials: The Volkswagen commercial featuring a little boy who dresses up like Darth Vader and is trying to use the force.
This commercial is a few years old, but I still love it!
5. You guys know I love Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show. He’s always doing fun skits and games. I especially love the musical numbers. He and The Roots did an a cappella Star Wars medley with the stars of the movie and it is awesome! Even if you’ve seen it, you know you want to watch it again!
So in short, I’m a clearly a fan!
That about wraps up my post about all this Star Wars goodness. I really enjoyed the movie and can’t wait to see what happens next. The whole movie experience was great, save for the family in my row that got up 8 times. I wish I was exaggerating with that number but I’m seriously not!
If you’ve seen the movie, I’d love to hear your thoughts, but try to keep any comments on here or Instagram spoiler free please!