AAPI Authors I Love
If you didn’t know, May is AAPI or Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. To commemorate the month I’m sharing a few authors I love that are of Asian descent! I believe all the ones I’ve listed below are Asian American except for Amy Lea who is Canadian!
- Elizabeth Lim writes books such as the Spin the Dawn and Six Crimson Cranes duologies. I love her storytelling and it’s so fun to read fantasy books featuring Asian characters and based on different Asian mythologies.
- Helen Hoang writes The Kiss Quotient seres. I love her books and how she prominently features characters with autism as main characters.
- Ana Huang writes the Twisted seres. I have loved all the books I’ve read by Ana so far and am starting King of Wrath this week finally! I love her characters and how she interconnects them all. And the spice!
- Olivie Blake writes The Atlas Six series. Her writing is so captivating.
- Amy Lea writes the Influencer series that include Set on You and Exes & O’s. She’s a great romcom writer!
- Sylvia Day writes So Close. So Close was my first Sylvia Day book and I loved it so much. I have to read her other books! Her writing is addicting and the spice is so well done.
Have you read any of these authors? If you have read anything by an Asian author that you loved and think I should check out, let me know!
*This post contains affiliate links.*