Yesterday I went to the Sephora VIB Rouge closed door shopping event. Thanks to a few splurges on myself and birthday and Christmas presents for family and friends I earned an invite to the event. It was nice to look/shop around the store before the mall even opened and there were plenty of sales associates and even brand reps to help. There was also pastries, water and coffee, but I was too busy wandering around the store to partake.
If you spent a minimum $35 you got a goodie bag and let’s face it – I got one because 1) it’s not difficult to spend $35 at Sephora and 2) it’s me.
Face: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Perfecting Primer, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation, Neutrogena Mineral Powder, Benefit Erase Paste, BareMinerals Well Rested, Smashbox High Definition Concealer, BareMinerals Mineral Veil, L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer (highlight), BareMinerals Luminizer, Milani Baked Bronzer, ELF Blush (Blushing Rose), MAC Fix+
Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, NYX Adorable Palette, Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, Wet n Wild Brow Kit
Lips: Urban Decay Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss (Nooner)
Finally finished that Revlon whipped foundation!
- Smashbox Master Class Palette III Color & Contour – this is an item that I had floating around my Sephora Loves list for a couple of weeks now. I went in with the thought that I would take a look at it in person and decide if I wanted to buy it. It’s pricey, but it comes with 32 eyeshadows, bronzers, highlighter and blushes so it’s packed with product. When I got there, there was only 1 left!! I decided to hold onto it while I decided and that’s how I ended up with it. There’s nothing like limited availability to spur you into a purchase (this is why I impulsively buy so many limited edition items). I originally thought I could take this on vacation with me because it has so much, but it’s way too bulky.
- Sephora Collection Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color – Got this in Petal. It comes off much brighter in this picture than it looks in person.
- Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner – Got these in Kaki and Mauve Shimmer to use as eyeshadow pencils.
- Formula X Electrics Nail Polish – Bought this in Phenomena
- Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara – I asked one of the makeup artists/sales associates which mascara she recommended to keep a curl because even with an eyelash curler my lashes tend to go back straight after a while.
*I got my free birthday gift which is a little box of Make Up For Ever samples and I used my points to get Dermadoctor DD Cream.*
The goodie bag was a small cosmetics bag filled with some (for the most part) decently sized samples. The goods consisted of: Living Proof Perfect Hair Day, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, a Buxom Mascara, an Escada Perfume (Born in Paradise), Dr. Jart BB Cream, MUFE Blush, Benefit Watts Up, an Algenist eye cream.
Since this is a generic collection of samples, these aren’t all items that I would use for myself or for example with my birthday gift not particularly shades I would wear so I’ll be giving some of these items to my friend. That concludes my look and haul from the shopping event yesterday!