I hope you all had a fabulous time ringing in the new year and a restful day yesterday! My new year’s plans are always different every year, but when the plans are a party or some sort of ticketed event, I want to go all out and look glamorous (to fit the occasion) because that’s part of the fun! Well, for me at least. New Year’s Eve is the perfect excuse to get all glitzy and sparkly. And that’s just what I did. Here’s what I did to prepare for my night out and what I did for New Year’s Eve. Anything still available for purchase (to my current knowledge) will be linked below!
1. I waited until well after lunch to shower because I wanted my hair and skin to look as fresh as possible since festivities don’t begin until later on in the evening. I used my InstaNatural Argan Oil Hair Mask, which I reviewed yesterday, to provide some pampering and help my hair look it’s best hours later.
2. I picked out my accessories. Since my dress is full on sequins, I decided to go very minimal on the jewelry. I chose to just wear my XO Pave ring from Joyus. For perfume I wore Marchesa’s Parfum D’Extase which has been my signature scent for a little while now.
My purse is one of my all time favs. I got this Rebecca Minkoff beauty off Zappos about 2 years ago and it is the best thing ever. It’s got decent room inside and has a beautiful quilted pattern. The best thing though is that it is has double, gold detailed chain straps but can also be a single strap. The chain pulls through so I can either wear it as a double strap and shorter or pull it through and wear it as a crossbody bag, which is ideal for a night out.
3. Moving onto the most important part – the dress! I was lucky enough to find this dress for 50% off at Express the day after Christmas. I also had $20 in Express reward money so it was a pretty sweet deal.
4. Makeup time! I’m not big on eyeliner because my eye shape isn’t conducive to it, I feel, but once in a while I’ll put eyeliner in my waterline. I chose not to for this night though. So when it’s a night out or a big event, I tend to just go heavier on the eye makeup and blush for it to really stand out.
Face: Smashbox More than Primer Blemish Control, Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation & Wet n Wild Coverall Foundation, Benefit Erase Paste, Smashbox High Definition Concealer, BareMinerals Well Rested, Neutrogena Mineral Powder, BareMinerals Mineral Veil, L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer (highlight), Urban Decay Cream Highlight (Sin), Milani Baked Bronzer, MAC Mineralize Blush (Sweet Sentiment), MAC Fix +
Eyes: Lorac Behind the Scenes Primer, Urban Decay Naked Palette, Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara, Wet n Wild Brow Kit
Lips: MAC Lipglass (Light English Red)
My dress was so sparkly that it did this with the lights when I tried to take a picture, but I thought it looked pretty cool so I didn’t do a redo not standing directly underneath the lights.
5. All dressed and ready to head into New York City for a party at my friends’ apartment.
All in all, I loved my dress, accessories and makeup for the night. I was very happy with how everything turned out. I had a good time with friends and was thankful to be staying in the apartment for the evening instead of wandering around the city, in the cold. I’m getting too old for that! The Empire State Building looked really cool with flashing lights, but I couldn’t get a good picture of it while my friend was driving (ya know, moving car and all). Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful time doing whatever you decided to do and that you are all having a great start to the year!