I’m here with a quick break from my current travel posts to share with you my June 2015 favorites!
- L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer – I use this little baby 95% of the time. I originally purchased it as a primer, but if you’ve ever seen or used this yourself you know it has some serious glow to it. So, I decided not to use it all over my face, but instead just as a liquid highlight, which it does superbly. It gives a great glow to the cheek bones and since my skin has been on/off dry lately this has been an asset. Also, a little goes a long way. I’ve been using this for well over a year, possibly closer to 2 years and I’ve still got a few days worth of use left to it! I just put one small pump onto my finger, dab it onto my cheekbones and then dab it into my skin with a brush.
- Ris Buff – My brother recently went on vacation to Iceland and brought back this Icelandic treat. It is so good! It is a marshmallow type of chewy goodness covered in milk chocolate and crispy corn puffs. So yummy.
- Another food I’ve been loving in June are figs. I love figs and just discovered my love for them last year. Since the warmer weather rolled around I’ve been diligently checking the fruit sections of the supermarkets and farmers market waiting for figs to be sold. They are so good and I love the crunch of the seeds.
- I recently saw the movie McFarland USA and really enjoyed it. I really like movies that are based on true stories and this one had me smiling for much of it. I love stories about underdogs and people overcoming the odds so that mixed with the fact that this is based on a true story and it’s about a minority group and I’m sold.
- The Originals is my pick for favorite TV show for June. I know the season probably ended in May, but I just caught up. I love the fact that the main character, Klaus, started off as a really bad guy on The Vampire Diaries and was probably intended just as this season-long villian on the show and little did the writers know that the fans would absolutely love him. Enough to create an entire spin-off. It’s pretty impressive and I have to say that the show has totally held up on its own. Though I’m not opposed to the two shows doing more crossover episodes. I’d actually love that!
- For my favorite song this month, it’s really a toss up. The past few days I’ve had Maroon 5’s “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt” stuck in my head, but I think I’m going to go with a song that I’ve been consistently listening to all month. That song is…
Davis Guetta (ft. Nicki Minaj & Afrojack) – “Hey Mama”
That’s it for my June favorites! I’ve already started a list of possible July favorites while on this trip!